joebanks: (Default)
([personal profile] joebanks Apr. 1st, 2026 02:59 am)
There are very few daffodils blooming this year. Usually, I have hundreds in back and nearly as many in the front. There were daffodils when we moved here 30 plus years ago and I keep expanding them. The flowers have been over crowded for years, so I don't think that's it. One of the old cemeteries in Cleveland has a spot called "Daffodil Hill" with, I guess thousands of them. I saw an article saying that the cemetery has the same issue.


https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=daffodil+hill+cleveland+2025&form=HDRSC3&first=1
ysabetwordsmith: Cartoon of me in Wordsmith persona (Default)

From: [personal profile] ysabetwordsmith

Thoughts


I know exactly what whomped mine: the whiplash weather. We've had multiple days that went from high 80sF to freezing at night, and we've had a lot of unseasonably warm days interspersed with hard freezes down to 20s. Even the daffodils that managed to bloom have mostly flopped over. *sigh*

Some of mine are decades old too. :D The longest-lived seem to be plain yellow trumpets and Ice Follies. A few of the fancy ones stick around but they are less durable.
.

Profile

joebanks: (Default)
joeb

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Powered by Dreamwidth Studios

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags